Interim Results for the six months ended 30 June 2015
09 September 2015
Futura Medical plc (AIM: FUM), the innovative healthcare company focused on advanced transdermal technology, is pleased to announce its interim results for the six months ended 30 June 2015.
- Considerable progress across the Company's product development portfolio
- CSD500 (erectogenic condom) - modified manufacturing process indicating an extended shelf life
- MED2002 (erectile dysfunction) - pivotal clinical study underway with data expected by end of H1 2016
- Plans to make MED2002 available as an unlicensed medicine ("special") on track for H2 2015
- Topical pain relief - the NSAID-based gels TPR100 (diclofenac) and TIB200 (ibuprofen) both achieved primary endpoints in a clinical study with potential to be best-in-class
- Net loss of £2.47 million in the period (H1 2014: net loss £1.45 million), reflecting planned increase in R&D expenditure
- Cash resources of £7.23 million at 30 June 2015 (30 June 2014: £11.21 million)
James Barder, Futura's Chief Executive, commented: "Significant progress is being made across our product portfolio. On the manufacturing optimisation of CSD500 we have growing confidence of making a regulatory filing later this year of an extended shelf life product that meets our commercial partners' requirements. In the current half year we expect to receive regulatory approval for a second manufacturing site for CSD500 for security of commercial supply. In addition we believe the potential for our NSAID pain relief gel to be best in class has been further supported by the recent clinical study results and anticipate that MED2002 will be made available as a special in the UK this year."
The full results are available to download in PDF format.
Analyst meeting and webcast:
A meeting for analysts will be held at 9.30am this morning, 9 September 2015, at the offices of Buchanan, 107 Cheapside, London EC2V 6DN. There will be a live webcast of the analyst presentation. If you would like to listen to the webcast, please log on to the following web address approximately 5 minutes before 9.30am:
For further information please contact:
Aubrey Powell / Liz Yong
Tel: +44 (0) 20 7496 3000
For media enquiries please contact:
Mark Court / Sophie Wills /
Stephanie Watson / Tilly Abraham
Tel: +44 (0) 20 7466 5000
Notes to editors:
Futura Medical plc
Futura Medical is a pharmaceutical group that develops innovative products for consumer healthcare. The Company is developing a portfolio of products and its strategy is to license their manufacture and distribution to major pharmaceutical and healthcare groups.
Futura is based in Guildford, Surrey, and its shares trade on the AIM market of the London Stock Exchange.